Retirement Fud Institution of Namibia Privacy Notice
The Retirement Fund Institute of Namibia is committed to protecting the information we hold about you. In this notice, we refer to ourselves collectively as “RFIN”, “we”, “us” and “our/s” depending on the context in which the reference is made.
This notice provides you with information about how, when, and why we request your personal information and how we ensure the security and integrity around storing if such information.
This notice concerns any information that we collect in the following ways:
- Information we receive through our website www.rfin.com.na.
- Information we receive because of the products and services we offer.
Information submitted on behalf of other individuals:
If you complete a form on behalf of another person for registration or any information sharing purpose, kindly show this privacy notice to them to ensure their comfort in the submission of such information.
Information we hold about you:
Most of this information is necessary for us to fulfill our mandate in terms of the function of why RFIN exists as outlined in the RFIN Constitution.
When you apply to become an RFIN member and during our dealings with you, we will collect some personal information about you. This includes what you tell us about yourself and what we learn by having you as a member.
If you want to become a member of RFIN, we require certain mandatory information from you to be able to add you to the relevant distribution list to remain in contact in as far as RFIN activities are concerned and when information must be shared with our members.
We collect personal information that we generally process regardless of how you contact us, or for whatever reason and this includes:
- your title, full name, your contact details, including your email address, home and mobile telephone numbers; and/or
- personal information and contact information which you provide in correspondence with us, whether by email, letter, or telephone call
We need to use some personal information to provide you with our service and to fulfil our commitment and mandate to our Members
- to communicate with you about products and services and events arranged;
- to notify you about changes to the retirement landscape and the legislative environment RFIN operates in;
- to recover any money amount owed to us;
- to investigate and deal with complaints or disputes;
- to contact you when we have updated this Privacy Notice and consider that it is necessary to advise you about any changes to the way we are processing your personal information;
- when, to achieve the purposes, we share your personal information with the following categories of individuals or organisations:
- law enforcement agencies and governmental and regulatory bodies such as tax authorities, financial regulators and non-financial regulators (depending on the circumstances of the sharing); and/or
- courts and to other organisations where it is necessary for the administration of justice, to protect vital interests and to protect the security or integrity of our business operations.
Unlike the uses described above, sometimes we rely on your consent to use your personal information.
We will rely on your consent:
If you want to use our services, there is some information which you will be required to provide to us either because of legal requirements, or because we need that information to provide our services to you.
Will we not share your personal information with others in the absence of consent or a legitimate legal process preceding such sharing and instruction from authorities in the field.
We will never sell, rent or trade your personal information.
Your information may be held for a considerable period after our relationship ends (or for at least 36 months thereafter).
Future changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will notify you when we make any substantial updates.
We will also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.